This document has been created in line with new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that requires all businesses to clearly outline its Privacy Notice regarding all clients and contacts, in
relation to data held about any individual.
Richard Dinsmore is the “controller” of your data.
- Data Held
- I hold personal contact information about each student’s piano education, including all relevant information to provide ongoing tuition. This information is collected via a
Registration Form which includes information on student’s names, age, sex, date of birth, address details, school attended, along with contact details of parent or guardian and associated contact
telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. Where appropriate additional information relating to any disability or special education needs are noted if this is helpful or relevant to do so.
- Information relating to lesson planning, progress reports and student feedback and any other relevant information in order to provide ongoing tuition.
- Contact via my website or via text, or for any other musical services I provide, which may include some contact information, telephone and e-mail address, or information relating to
ongoing lessons or music services required.
- What I do with this information
- Contact information is used to schedule lessons, invoicing, record keeping and communicating my own services, including recitals and freelance work.
- Some information is shared with exam boards when entering students for examinations.
- Mailchimp is used as our marketing platform and information relevant to do so is used in accordance with GDPR and adheres to Mailchimp's obligations to protect your data.
- Where lessons are provided by another tutor, contact information is provided to the tutor to facilitate lessons and communicate with students and parents. They are compliant with
- All reasonable steps are taken to ensure your data is processed and stored securely.
- No other data is shared unless there is a legal reason to do so.
- How long is information held
- Personal data is kept for a minimum of 6 years, after which time it will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the lawful purpose(s) for which it was obtained. If you consent
to marketing, any information used for this purpose will be kept until notified that you no longer wish to receive this information.
- Individual rights to the data held
- If you wish to change, review or delete the information held about you, or if you have any concerns about your data, please contact Richard Dinsmore directly. You can
also unsubscribe or update your preferences at any time via our Mailchimp marketing platform.
- Reporting a breach of rights or security
- If you believe your data rights or security have been breached, please contact Richard Dinsmore immediately.
- Your Preferences
- Mailchimp provides an "update your preferences" section which can be updated directly. Please see the email footer for details on how to update preferences or contact Richard
- Changes to this Policy
- This Privacy Notice may change from time to time. Where practical and in the case of current students, you will be
notified of any changes. You can also visit www.richarddinsmore.co.uk at any time for the latest version.
Version 1.2 Updated 2nd June 2019